Tuesday, August 21, 2007

The Deck

I'm a bit under the weather today, but mainly stayed home and watched cartoons (Space Ghost - original series) and fiddled with my Modern videos. I've been watching a few things of note: "Ryan", a very slick dvd out of the NFB featuring the Academy Award winning short film as well as "Walking" and the other short films by Ryan Larkin, the subject of this animated documentary, and other films by Chris Landreth, the animator behind "Ryan" and a documentary about Chris's process and relationship with Ryan by Laurence Green. It's all convoluted and worthwhile. The incomplete and fragmented 3D computer animated images are luscious to look at as well as conveying the idea that the portrait is incomplete and the subject is being deconstructed.
A must for animators. There is a dvd at the RPL (well actually it's at my house but I'll return it soon).


We exchanged one of William's presents that he had a double of and bought Operation and Kerplunk games! I've never owned either of them before, and although they are both loud, they never fail to satisfy.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That doesn't look like the kerplunk of our youth.