Saturday, January 5, 2008

188

William and I watched Star Wars Episode 2 today. For all its flaws, it is a really beautiful looking movie. I was amazed at how pretty things were, all the time. I also got thinking about what I would change to make it a better film. The big factory felt so much like a video game that I'm certain the crew were just embarrassed. I had a lot of problems with the central love story, Anican is such an offensive piece of crap, totally stalker, but then she suddenly changes from looking at him with disdain to being in love with him. What!!!??? However, an alternate and more natural progression of the story where he stalks her and rapes her, resulting in the children in the later films, makes it a film I can't show my son. So then what? George is not that dumb.

No comments: