Tuesday, May 19, 2009

updates on nothing

I actually had a couple of days off this weekend. I didn't have any work or meetings on Sunday or Monday. The Cathedral Festival began yesterday; Margaret was busy with it so I took William and his friend Rowan to the mini-parade and the picnic. It was cold out so the best time we had was inside drawing as part of the comic jam with Allan Dotson. Today I met with Chrystene to talk about her revisions and I was also part of a larger meeting with our department and the Journalism department to discuss possible future cooperative ventures. Then I went home to soak my foot in salt water because the toe I stubbed a few days ago is still very sore and now seems to be infected. I'm trying to remember all of the remedies for infections from back when my left hand was the subject of bi-monthly surgical procedures. Soaking a foot gives me a good excuse for sitting in front of the tv for an hour (or sitting with the laptop typing on my neglected blog).
This evening we went to Davin school and saw their amazing model train displays in their basement. I forgot my camera so will have to get the pictures from Paul I took with his camera. I'll post them later. After the trains we went to a very funny magic show. William loved it, but I really got a kick out of it too. A very comical and energized performance. William got to go up on stage for part of it.

1 comment:

Chrystene said...

I dig the title of this post. Sounds like a good name for something else...