Thursday, February 25, 2010

Chris Birch

Earlier this week I got a Facebook invite from one of my oldest friends, Chris Birch. I've not seen him in over 20 years. We met in grade 3, at the same age that William is now. He invited everyone to his birthday party and I couldn't come because of some conflict (lessons or something) but my mom thought I should got for a play date (before the invention of that term) the next day. Mom pulled a gift out of the closet, a stapler shaped like a cannon; why it was there in the closet I will never know. We had a great afternoon and were great friends for years, bowling, playing pinball, climbing on rooftops, cutting classes, stealing booze, and all the other stuff grade school boys do. My parents didn't like him for some reason. Today we caught up a bit over Facebook chat, although the information transfer was rather slow. I'd say we had a ten minute conversation that took an hour. Fun though. Lots of memories coming back.

No comments: