Tuesday, September 13, 2011

wasted day

Much of my time today was spent trying to get my computer working. It is now looking like the project I was going to pitch for the Filmpool premiere screening will need to wait for a future opportunity as the soundtrack is locked in the non-working computer and I didn't put in the 10 hours to fine tune the picture because I used that time trying to fix this machine. Obviously my decision making this week is highly flawed. I did have some momentary hope this morning when the tech thought that my problem might simply be an old and overly rigid sata cable connecting the c drive to the motherboard. No, after a half hour that also crashed. In fact, the more often I rebooted, the sooner it crashed until it no longer ran Windows at all and froze on the start up screens. Then I left it sit for 4 hours and low and behold, it started! (at least for a few minutes). This seems to prove that something physical is going wrong, most likely that something is overheating and then works again after it is cooled down. Paul suggests the power supply. I don't know how much more time I can spend on it this week though.

No comments: