Sunday, December 23, 2012

Discovering Roger Ing

I was looking for some art paper to make into Christmas cards yesterday and ended up opening a box I'd not looked in for a decade or more. Insider were a number of my earliest Roger Ing paintings, drawings, and collages. The drawings, dated around 1986 or 1987, are on paper and I'd never really appreciated them. He was doing a lot of them at one time and just handing them out but people didn't know what to do with them since he worked on both sides and you couldn't figure out which side to show (and which side to hide forever). .They are very detailed and I've extremely happy I've managed to store them in pristine condition all of these years.
Roger Ing collage (a "Rogerism")
Today William and Griffin when to Xander's birthday party, waterslideing at Day's Inn. I got more baking done and some cards written. 

No comments: