Thursday, September 12, 2013

honey toast with tea

My meeting with Geremy this morning was lively and exciting. We talked about viewmasters and looked up the plans for the mutoscope from the 1894 patents and also talked about why I avoid discussing how my teaching of my other classes is progressing. If I say it is going well, what if a student who doesn't agree reads it and comes to the conclusion that this is as good as it gets? What if I say it is going poorly, then a student reading it may be offended or may feel there is less reason to try. I sometimes wonder if I should have a secret blog or maybe even a hand written journal to tell all the truths, as I see them, but without readers, I am not inclined to invest that time. Life is too short. As for today's photo, it was between this stiched together shot I took today of William and Margaret having tea and toast or the images of the viewmaster card cutter which ended up being a simulation and not the correct size, so I'd rather omit it for now. I did set up a new wiki for Geremy to write and post about his mutoscope progress. Not much there yet, but he says he'll update once per week: http://mutoscope.wikispaces.com/Mutoscope_main

No comments: