Saturday, January 4, 2014

New amplifier is very confusing

I spent much of the day trying to install my new Marantz receiver, finally replacing my reliable but highly outdated Yamaha amp from 1981. For most of the day I was getting no picture, only menus and sound, from the cable box. It ends up that this was probably due to it being bumped and needing to be reset from the cable office (called them late this evening). I'm not entirely convinced this is the best thing for me to do. All I really want is to have the tv sound come from a speaker and be able to adjust volume by remote. I had to buy a preamp for the turntable and I installed the reconditioned 5 disc CD player which I bought six years ago but never removed from the box. The menus on the Marantz system are overly obtuse and I fear I'll never get them quite right. 

No comments: