Tuesday, June 26, 2007

a four gone conclusion

I baked two cheesecakes this evening with the intention of freezing them for a party this weekend. One is amaretto with a blueberry glaze, the other is Belgian chocolate/Kahlua with a chocolate glaze. It never fails that my baking, which takes an hour or so, will elicit more comments, and certainly more enthusiastically favourable comments, than my films which may take upwards of seven years to complete. It makes one question things. My film "Anger (Toxic 5)" has for its soundtrack a cacophony of noises from the kitchen; chopping, rattling pans, and a squeaky oven door. I used this for the irony that it seems like the best cooking requires angry noise, but that cooking is one of the things that calms me when I've had a very frustrating day.

No comments: