Saturday, January 31, 2009

lots of William time

William had yesterday off from school, Margaret worked the afternoon so I stayed home and worked here for a while. The weather was great so we went tobogganing, but there were a bunch of other kids there and we ended up leaving almost immediately, washing the car, picking up some lumber for a project I'm going to try to do tomorrow, and some other errands. Last night I went to the artist talk by Wyn Gelenyse at the MacKenzie Art Gallery. There was a reception afterword and we talked a bit, really interesting and nice guy.
Today was Saturday, I watched cartoons all morning and took William swimming in the afternoon. I got barbeque pork buns from the Chinese bakery, they only do buns on the weekend and they always sell out. I got in there and the line was to the back of the store. It took at least 10 minutes to get to my turn. No one came in behind me, I was the only customers. Had I come in 10 minutes later, I'd have had no wait at all. groan.

No comments: