Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Robin Schlaht

Filmmaker Robin Schlaht came into my class today. He's been doing a really engaging tv show called "A Few Good Men and Women" about police training that I admit I was apprehensive about at first but it's really well made and interesting.
I just finished grading my Film 200 video projects. I need to copy them all as they will be looked at as part of the students' application to continue in the program. I had one handed in on dvd rather than on tape. I don't have a good system for bringing that together with the other videos; it should be easy but all of the editing software is designed not to accept dvd files into editing sessions. In the past I've gone to the university and fed the disc signal as linear video onto tape or into the Avid with the old-style capture card so I could use it like I use other video. A bit of a pain but convenient for me to do, I have keys to all the rooms. I don't know what I'd do otherwise.

No comments: