Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Accept the substitutions

 This morning I went to feed the fish and could only see one of the two catfish. These are fairly large fish, about five inches long, and very active so I was quickly confused. Eventually we discovered it on the floor, it had jumped out through the opening in the lid beside the filter and suffocated. I buried it out in the front garden close to the cat. These catfish are very social and our last one died a few weeks after being left alone. William and I went shopping and found a new catfish. It is the same breed as the others but smaller. I guess they grow a lot in a year. We named it Jack.
This afternoon we went to the living pictures show in Victoria park. Here is the Warhol piece, quite lovely. This evening Christine and Ken came over for a glass of wine. Lailie Douglas, an artist currently installed at Neutral Ground, also dropped in for a while.

No comments: