Monday, August 22, 2011

Jack

Jack Layton, head of the NDP and leader of the opposition, died today. Everyone is blogging and Facebooking about it. I don't have any favorite quotes to post but would feel remiss if I didn't post about him today. It is a shock and has me worried about the NDP as it had just gained more momentum under him than any other time in the past. I didn't spend the day in mourning though. I did manage to find a new needle for my suitcase-style record player, a Symphonic Electronic Corporation. After four of five stops, I found needles and lots of help at a place called Any Electronics on Scarth Street here in Regina. The guy pointed out that most of these machines are broken in one way or another, the record return or whatever. Ours, but for the $20 needle, works perfectly. William is enjoying playing it. The Any Electronics shop also had a showroom filled with older tech for sale including a couple of cb radios (see photo). I asked if they had any which were NOT functioning and thus cheaper (for props/play) but they didn't (and had been asked the same question last week).

No comments: