Tuesday, October 18, 2011

"Seeing Red"

Today I attended the book launch of "Seeing Red" by two of my colleages Carmen Robertson and Mark Anderson. It is a historical study of the depiction/description of first nations peoples within Canadian newspapers over the past 1.5 centuries. Their talk was good. I became very interested in the approach they took where they differed each chronological chapter so it did not just seem like a repeat of the last with new names inserted (even though that is pretty much what happened).
The plumber had a lot of trouble with the tub. It was finally in place at 10:30 this evening.

3 comments:

Ariel Gordon said...

Great pic, Gerald. Would you mind sharing it with us? I'd love to post it to UMP's Facebook fan page...

Ariel Gordon said...

Great pic, Gerald. I work at U of M Press, Mark and Carmen's publisher, and would love to post this image to our Facebook fan page. Would you mind sharing it?

Gerald Saul said...

Of course, feel free, and thanks for asking. I checked out the facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/UofMPress