Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Old pumpkins ... and the US election


I met with Rob this morning to talk photography. I wanted to discuss some of the ideas in "The Original Copy" which suggests many important connections between the evolution of the study of art history, the changes in what is considered to be art, and photography over the past 200 years. As an example, I took some photos of decaying jack-o-lanterns on my way to the car. If these pumpkins were to be considered art, then these photos would be the only concrete aspect of that art. I forgot to pull out the photos, but we had a good discussion without them.
USA election is today. I'm sure everyone gets too many opinions for me to bother adding mine. We relaxed at home most of the evening and watched recorded programs which were not about the election. 

No comments: