Friday, November 29, 2013

My "Modern" 16mm films with symphony players at Paved Core series in Saskatoon, many photos



 
We drove up to Saskatoon after work today (last day of experimental film class) for the first of two evenings of screening my film "Modern" alongside live improvisation by three Saskatoon symphony players, part of an ongoing "Core Series" held by Paved and the symphony. There were five different film/music combinations and it was an incredible event and experience. Both nights are sold out. Luckily (or stupidly, depending on your point of view) I bought a couple of the last tickets two days ago so that Margaret and Mike could come (William is in as my 'plus one'). I would love for Filmpool to try some events with the symphony. It brings filmmakers together with a different audience, making us look at our work with new eyes and new excitement. I had a great conversation with composer David McIntyre about my films. He had a cool live image manipulation team projecting images along with a work he composed which capped the evening. Amalie and Paul were there and we were able to discuss film loop projections. Nice to see Ellen Moffat and many others as well.
Ellan Moffat and Margaret Bessai

Alex Rogalski at Paved
 





Paul and Amalie
 

No comments: