Wednesday, May 16, 2018

AGR and David Dreher

Loving the new work at the AGR by David Dreher. Margaret reminded William and I to attend their AGM before his talk this week as we are members and they might need quorum. This was William's first meeting of this nature, voting and all. We'll likely do it again in a couple of weeks for the Filmpool. Anyway, it was interesting to hear his talk and answers to questions, especially William's, as I found that as much as I like his work, I didn't agree with his own interpretations of it. I asked him about these issues afterwards (such has his feeling that the curtains around the images in these paintings indicates that they will be revealing a truth, and something about the skull and flowers over the woman's head in the image above) and we had a great friendly open conversation. 

No comments: