Friday, May 25, 2018

art and art


William has been doing some interesting self portraits recently. Two of them were paintings and I was quite impressed with them, so I figured I'd tell him to do at least one per week. I don't know if that was a factor or not, but he's trying to create a self portrait image to use in his print project (a lino-cut, or something of that nature on rubber) but he keeps getting too many lines and the drawings, although good, are not suitable. Anyway, Margaret wanted to go to the Nouveau Gallery reception (the Friday night Cathedral Festival contribution by Nouveau) but then she got onto her email. While we were waiting, I had William do another self portrait. He wanted the lighting to be extreme so we dimmed most things and I put on an intense LED lamp. He got so caught up in this that Margaret actually finished her stuff first and we had to send her on her way and join up later. Opening was really good. I like Anne Brochu Lambert's paintings.

No comments: