Friday, October 27, 2017

Cartoons at Lifelong Learning

Today I gave a brief history of American cartoons at the Lifelong Learning centre. I knew that my 90 minutes of films would likely not fit into the two hours so I needed to adjust but removing two and chowing only half of one other, bringing it down to about 72 minutes of films, ten minutes for a break, and then loading dvd time and other discussion and introductions. It went well. I put on
Gertie the Dinosaur
Felix in the Swim
Alice Gets in Dutch (excerpt)
Out of the Inkwell: Koko, Trip to Mars
Mickey Mouse, Plane Crazy
Betty Boop in Minnie the Moocher
Popeye, Lost and Foundry
Mickey's Fire Brigade
What's Opera Doc

It went well. They liked the old Mickey and Cab Callaway in the Betty Boop. 
This evening I tried to visit the hospital and really just ended up conversing with Sarah in the hallway. When I got home I found that William had created some artist trading cards for tomorrow's monster session. Here is a preview:

No comments: