Friday, August 26, 2011

Sociable Friday

Angelos Hatzitolios and his wife Christine and two kids are in town. They all came over this afternoon. The kids got along very well, playing Wii and Lego. The pictures I snapped were very bad but I hope to see them at least once more time so I'll get something better. Ange's parents are having their 50th anniversary this weekend so his whole family is in town.
 This evening we started off by going to the grand opening of Rob Bos's new version of his Art Projects Gallery on 11th Avenue. It is so much bigger than before. He has multiple rooms set up and is featuring about 50 artists (including Margaret) for the opening.

 After the gallery, Paul took us to this new place on Dewdney which makes all its own baking and its own gelato. We returned to the art openings with the event at Creative Cities beside the Leader Building. It was buzzing with music and people, much of the art crowd were also there.
Back home, I finally found the last of the pieces (some substitutes) to complete this Lego Darth Vader ship from the Force Unleashed series. I've been tinkering with it for a week. It had some chucks together but at least half of it was missing. I am thinking it would be cool to restore a Lego set every week but I know I'll run out of steam very quickly on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://www.howtobearetronaut.com/2011/10/abandoned-lego-victorian-houses/