Friday, February 18, 2022

Long Rider coat repaired


 I had this oil cloth long rider coat custom made for length back in 1987 when I started having money for the first time. I think it was a couple hundred bucks or so. It took ages to be delivered because the manufacturers were upset that the Regina agent had taken on a custom fit job. Months passed but I did get it and I wore the hell out of it. At first I rarely drove with it on but eventually I broke that rule. This led to major wear in many seams, cuffs, elbows, collar, and especially the lining. I rolled it up and put it away decades ago, bringing it out only once or twice to be a steampunk cowboy. 

In December I took it in to Dean Renwick to have it restored. I got new lining and he put leather patches over many of the areas that had totally broken down. It still has a very distinctively worn aesthetic but now is even more cool. I cannot wait for spring to start wearing it again. 

No comments: