Saturday, October 22, 2022

Fixing the cabin

In the summer the big window in our cottage, which had been trouble so I had screwed it shut, was levered open with the result being that the whole thing came apart (but fortunately did not break the glass). Today I drove out there and fixed it before winter came. The whole window was out and two others were open, so the cottage would certainly have been filled with snow and the floor destroyed. I took the window frame out and re-assembled it the best I could, only to discover that my repaired version would not go back into the frame. I needed to do the whole thing again. Two times the charm, but if I have to do it again, I will need to replace it or wall it over.

On the way home, driving alone, I stopped to look at a cow that had jumped its fence. 

 

No comments: