Thursday, June 18, 2009

make work

Today is the last day of my 3 or 4 weeks of being acting department head. Things calmed down quite a bit this past week, but it was quite busy for a time. I went in this morning for a while but there was no papers to sign or students to meet so I generated my own in the form of vacation requests and requests for meetings (warning: don't force an academic to sit at a computer for too long or s/he will start inventing meetings). This afternoon I went out to run some errands and stopped in to see Gerald and make an appointment to get my hair cut. He had time so he cut it right away, just 6 inches or so off. Margaret didn't notice for eight hours, so it apparently it's not very dramatic. This evening we watched Guy Maddin's "My Winnipeg", which was quite amazing. I bought it for myself for Christmas and just couldn't get around to watching it. I wanted it to be just right.

No comments: