Friday, August 24, 2012

I've Got Blisters on my Fingers!

Daytime: William and I got groceries, made chili, and watched the original "Total Recall" (feels very 80s).

Evening: Everyone to our house. My niece Nicole is in town (first time in a couple of years), Veronica and her two daughters (not seen in about a year), Mike (down from Saskatoon to visit all these guests and to attend Riders game tomorrow), Paul, George and the girls, and Margaret's parents. We had a nice fire. William wanted to try to roast wagonwheels over the fire, treating them like premade smores. He tried it but the marshmallow just warmed and didn't expand. I took a try at it and after a number of minutes of careful roasting, I did get it to begin bursting out of the chocolate shell. However, it started to break off of the stick and when I tried to catch it on a pair of chocolate cookies, it landed on my hand like napalm giving my numerous blisters. Major pain, and to make matters worse, I didn't get to eat it (fell to the grass). 

No comments: