Monday, June 19, 2017

10 years of blogging!

Ten years ago today I began this blog. I began because Chrystene Ells, who was a grad student at the time, suggested I should. I figured it would be a lot of trouble and be very complicated, but one evening while William (5 years old at the time) was having a bath and was old enough to no longer need my help so I thought I'd see what I could do. I looked up "blogger", followed its instructions, and within 5 minutes I'd posted my blog. It was really that easy. My initial intent was to talk about my filmmaking as I was just about to begin a sabbatical. However, most work, even creative work, is the same routine every day. I could't maintain daily posts about my work, so I started talking about family and friends and anything that I wanted. That's still what I do.
Today I worked on a film I'm producing with Erik, Geremy, Matt, Luke, Stephen, and James. It's called "Mighty Morphin Orphan Stories". I'm also an actor in it, although I didn't perform today. We were in front of the green screen for 13 hours and will be back at it tomorrow. I posted to Instagram a few times. Here are some more pictures.




No comments: