Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Way behind


I've not been blogging for a while. I think about it now and then. It shouldn't take me long but I have so many things to do that every time I get near my computer, I am overwhelmed with anxiety about my lists of stuff I need to accomplish that I cannot allow myself to blog. It's frivolous.  Talking about my first world problems is pathetic. In fact, I don't even feel like I have problems. I like most of the things I'm doing. Classes are a bit strange and that causes stress, but the stress makes things alive again. Earlier today I was talking to a grad student about how jobs start off stressful until you know what you are doing. At that point they are exhilarating because you feel so capable. That eventually wears off and every job gets boring. Times like this pull the rug out and make us afraid again. 

Snow this morning. 

No comments: