Friday, November 2, 2012

French Science Fiction conference

The POW! French Science Fiction conference was in full swing today. According to one expert guest, this is the first conference of French science fiction ever to be held in North America. I was at talks and lunches and films and so on all day (9am to 9pm). I had my experimental film class come to the morning session, even though it was off topic, because it is not only a good experience to be at a conference of this sort at least once, but it also supported their classmate Kirsten Bligh who was presenting a paper at the student panel. Rob and Jingyi shot 16 videos and all of them are already online, as per the plan for the project (technology and immediacy). Take a look at: http://www.youtube.com/user/PowEyeMoon?feature=watch. I'll need to figure out how to put them elegantly into the website page, but I need a bit of help and am too worn out to figure it out tonight. Tomorrow we resume at 9am.

No comments: