Friday, November 23, 2012

Talking Art

The big thing for me today was my Fine Arts Presentation. I did a one hour talk about my short videos. The main hook was talking about time and how we control time by manipulating our perception of time through the intensity or complexity of our thinking. Therefore, by challenging myself to create daily creative work and digesting daily critical readings, I was creating a perception that my sabbatical was much longer than it was. 
I took my class to see a talk by Turner Prize* who were discussing their body of work at Art For Lunch today. I am hoping that the idea of creating and maintaining art collectives, which builds reputation, creative and technical support, and reputation, will appeal to some of the students. 

This evening the Dunlop had an opening which marked their 50th anniversary. They also launched their new book about themselves which has an article Margaret wrote. Image below is for the golden jubilee of the gallery, instigated by Turner Prize* who are created a special exhibition referencing Dunlop-featured artists from over the past five decades. 


No comments: