Monday, May 25, 2020

creative work

What have I been doing creatively? I notice that my blog posts seem to be about other people, about the Cathedral Festival, and about jobs around the house. However this is a poor represtation of my day to day life thiese past two monts which have been dense with projects. Mostly I work on Sock-Vile, which I open the computer sessions for every single day (although longer some days than others). It is nearly at a picture cut. William and I watched the three 30 minute chapters in order for the first time and had a blast. It is seriously flawed in parts, and I'll do what I can to fix the problems, but to some extent this doesn't matter. It is a wild and funny ride and if it fails, it won't be because some plot points don't make sense. I'm really proud of what the sudents did and what I've been able to accomplish with it. 
Last week I made a six minute film that I launched for the Cathedral Fesitval in lieu of having a pop up gallery in YAAG. I collected about 100 shots (i'd hoped to collect 600) and it turned out pretty sweet. Here is the page for it (Spelling Lesson). 
I've been painting more cameras. Wayne Selby lent me four that I didn't have. My mom lent me hers. 
All in all, I work on stuff for 10 hours per day and could use twice that time. We don't turn on the tv until about 9 or even 10 at night, but there are many movies I want to watch. 



No comments: