Saturday, May 23, 2009

More festival

Today I got back to work on my adaptation of A Midsummer Night's Dream. I didn't get much done, even though what I'm doing shouldn't be very hard. I'm reviewing tiny pencil notation from a copy of the play in a book and interpreting it into my version in a screenplay format. Even though I wrote the notes myself, they are often in need of significant interpretation and, more often than not, a magnifying glass. This evening I documented a new dance/play by Tanya Dahms where she performed with Michelle Biden. I didn't know what was going to be performed and the stage is very low so I set up in the front, otherwise I'd have had people in front of the lens. However, the two of them all too often performed far apart so I didn't know which to focus on. Sometimes I got interested in the intersticial zone between the two of them. William came with me. He clapped and yelled "Bravo" at the end. After the show he asked Tanya what would happen if you mixed human dna with fox dna (she's also a biochemist). She thought it was a good idea but we were certain we'd never get it the necessary ethics approval. Here is a clip from their show.

Later I went back to the festival and caught the screening under the stars. Filmpool always screens films from the vault. This evening they included the workshop film with the aliens and robots that I talked about 2 years ago in one of my first installments of this blog.

No comments: