Monday, November 2, 2009

making the grade

Grading of projects continues today. I have been very slow at this for some reason. Perhaps because the students took the project quite seriously, or at least most of them did, so it seems all the more important that I give them some meaningful feedback. However, I've been really tired and need to let my mind wander after every paragraph. I've only got two more to grade, but since they require me to play the sound at my computer and I want William to go to sleep soon, I'll knock off for the night and finish in the morning. William is out of his regular lines of books to read so I just handed him "The Twits" by Roald Dahl. Margaret introduced it to me when we were first dating (who would do that? It's a story about a couple who are nothing but mean and nasty to each other, the end!). It's one of my favorite all time books. I can hear him protesting his lights being turned off right now, and for good reason. Short but every page is a treasure.

No comments: