Wednesday, December 21, 2011

The oven is hot

Clockwise from top: chocolate pecan cookies, cheesecake, cranberry cookies, lemon square.
With my only meeting for the week cancelled at the last minute, I spent almost the entire day baking! I made a new lemon square I've never made before as well as some passion fruit mini-cheesecakes, cranberry cookies (made sure not to skimp on the lemon zest; it is a fine line between them being Margaret's favorite and being miniature hockey pucks), and a double batch of chocolate, pecan, coconut cookies which turned out fantastically (I'd not followed that recipe in about four years because I would usually make a variant that William (at age 6) had written out for me that were similar but lacking any real punch and had forgotten how good the originals were).

No comments: