Sunday, September 22, 2013

Comic Con in Regina

Today was too busy in Regina. We had to fight through Roughrider traffic to get past downtown (and past the motorcycle show on Scarth Street) to the comic book convention held over at the Hungarian Club. William bought a gift for someone and I got the new Valuable Comics edition from Allan Dotson. Otherwise it was mostly window shopping. I get tempted by items such as early Mad from the EC line but overall I have no way to show off comics I buy so would just box them with the rest. I was surprised as the high prices on some comics such as early Wolverine appearances which were in very poor condition and would likely not even be put on display in larger markets. Supply and demand I suppose. William also bought a Mars landscape painted in front of him with spray can outside the doors of the event. While there, we were told that today is the Regina zombie walk, which we participated in last year. There is no way we can get ready for it, particularly since we don't even know what time it is going. 

No comments: