Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Prize

I took William to Toys R Us after school. He wanted to look around at everything but, predictably, we gravitated to the Lego. I promised him a reward but had not defined the parameters. He kept pulling the most expensive sets off of the shelf so I told him to pick out the three sets that someday he would want. He did so; he found a $70 Bionicle racer, a $119 agents truck/base, and an $84 power miners set. I agreed to get him the power miners because I was so proud of him. Did I ever get a smile and a hug for that. When we got to the till, the price came up much higher. William was stunned, he'd just finished telling the teller how much the set was going to cost and that he couldn't possibly be needing anything else. The teller went over to the Lego and declared that the shelf was misleading or mistaken or something and we got the lower price. An amazing day.
I asked William what he wanted to read next. Without hesitation he said "Harry Potter 4". He spent the evening working Lego then reading the first 37 pages of "Goblet of Fire".

No comments: