Sunday, September 25, 2011

Roger Ing movie camera painting

A few weeks ago I got a call from Colleen Mahoney whom I've known through the film community for many years. She asked me if I was still involved with the FIlmpool and if so, would I do her a favor. She won an original Roger Ing painting of movie cameras, framed, from the Filmpool back in 1996 and wanted to donate it back to the Filmpool as she didn't have a place for it anymore. She eventually dropped it off with me and I hung it on my wall (out of harms way) for the past few weeks, enjoying it very much. However, today I went to a Filmpool Board meeting and delivered it into their hands. It's a pretty nice piece and I"d like to have kept it, but there was a spot on the Filmpool wall which was just calling out for it. I hung it up and it felt right.

No comments: