Monday, June 17, 2013

Angry about my refund.

A few weeks ago I bought this large metal cabinet. Paul and I assembled it a couple of Thursdays ago and I've since put most of our art supplies away in it. I'm pretty happy with it. So last night I am at Kevin's house. He was on the phone with his dad when I arrived (it being fathers day) so I hanging out an notice a brochure on the counter for this same cabinet line. I strike up a conversation with his wife about it and she tells me that she bought two of the same cabinet earlier in the day FOR HALF PRICE. I'm no miser, but this was a $400+ cabinet so that is a lot of dough. This evening I dug out the receipt and went back to the Lowes store to see if they could price match. They were all friendly until the moment of refund when they inform me that they can only give me today's 10% discount, not yesterday's 50%. So even though I walked away with $45 in my pocket, it is a very bitter refund. 

No comments: