Wednesday, July 8, 2009

something to look at

Last night I watched Jean Luc Goddard's "It's My Life". It has a visionary and economic style of cinema that I love. Depressing but great. I'll definately show the opening scene in a class this fall. It has a conversation intercutting between the backs of two people's heads who aren't even looking at each other. Nana Kleinfrankenheim as Anna Karina (Anna Karenina) is so great, even when we can't see her.
This morning I finished painting the north side of the house (the stucco, yellow) before the rain started. It rained the rest of the day.

1 comment:

Chrystene said...

If you like economic, great, and depressing cinema, and want something contemporary to show in class, try Aki Kaurismaki's "The Man With No Past," or (not quite as recent) "The Match Factory Girl." I am a great new fan of this Finnish filmmaker.