Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Fear of bridges

Yesterday we were on one of the walking bridges over Wascana. The waters were high, but not frighteningly high. My camera doesn't have a strap so I am careful when holding and shooting with it. As a result, I was not holding the side of the bridge. This shouldn't be a big deal, but every time I looked into the viewfinder, it seemed that someone came onto the bridge and made it shake a bit. This is where my phobia about bridges and balconies comes in. I had hoped to create an interesting panorama with the arch of the bridge unifying the image but I got so rattled taking this photo that I had to flee from it before getting all of the images needed. The result is of a disconnected bridge, broken and frightening, close to my own perception of it. 

No comments: