Tuesday, August 7, 2007

XXXVIII

I'm not sure what to think about Facebook. I registered onto it a couple of weeks ago and log onto it now and then. Even on sabbatical, I get the feeling that I don't have the time to waste on it, but then on the other hand, it seems like an interesting little release/distraction and I wish I did have the time to dive into it, zombifying friends I've not seen in years, writing on their walls, and making up lists. I guess I'm feeling a little divided whenever I sit down at this machine, I have email that I want/need to do, I do this blog, I have a writing project I'm trying to do (a project that is still pretty early so I've not mentioned it here yet) and working on more computer animation for my "Modern" project. Sometimes at the university, I work with two, three, or even more computers at once with graphics rendering on one, dvds burning on another, and writing on one as well. In those cases, it sometimes is fun to have something trivial on the side, no one could accuse you of slacking off when you're running so many machines at once. On the other hand, it's not like I'm not wasting far more time than I possibly could on Facebook by watching tv, reading comics, and staring at the wall. So won't you be my friend?

No comments: