Friday, August 3, 2007

Selenium

I've been watching "Jekyll", a new BBC show that I've been downloading. It's a modern version/continuation of "Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde", which begins with a stylish opening episode with some good dialogue but I initially had grave doubts about. It seemed to be a simple updating of the original, the haunted doctor trying to protect his life and the world from the monster within himself. However, by episode 3 it had become a very twisted, imaginative program that had me riveted. I rarely knew where it would turn. The ending episode, there are only six, was a bit disappointing, but episodes 3-5 are some the best TV I've seen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I felt similarly about the series and the final ep in particular. It is especially disappointing because the British production system would have allowed them to finish all the eps before they started to air. They had plenty of time to strengthen the ending. Still, I'm interested to watch what the creators do next.