Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Vacation day 2


We spent the day in Calgary. Margaret bought a family year pass into Heritage Village so we went there and did a few old rides and saw some of the sites. William really loved the school house where he sat at a desk and wrote on the small chalk board. In actuality, I'm counting today as a work day rather than vacation as I am presenting a package of films I curated from the collection at the Calgary Society of Independent Filmmakers. I ran two documentaries on Cannibals. About a dozen to fifteen people were there, relaxing and enjoying the "Sofa-Cinema" and the discussion afterwards ran at least 90 minutes. My niece Nicole came with me and engaged well with everyone. I think she connected with some of them afterwards regarding the comic convention on this coming weekend.

No comments: