Saturday, April 26, 2008

300

This is the 300th day of my sabbatical. Getting pretty scared now, there are still so many things to finish. I took William to the artist trading cards session today, it was held at the MacKenzie Art Gallery where they had their group's 5th anniversary party last night that we attended and where William and Margaret had work on the wall they collaborated on, and while there William did a series that he conceived of last night that I think is really cool. He calls it his food series and it is done with crayon on black paper with googly eyes and collage. He was having a super creative day.I, on the other hand, have so many projects dancing in my head that I couldn't find extra creative energy for cards. I slipped over to a couch and began scribbling down notes for one of my films. I think I only have so much room in my mind for creative thought, if I don't write it down, then the older thoughts get pushed out as new ones come in, or else I cannot have creative thoughts as I'm desperately juggling the ones floating around already in there. Thus, writing things down is vital. Perhaps one of my tasks in these final 65 days will be to read everything I've written in this blog?
Tonight we watched Son of Flubber. It was fun. Even though it was black and white and often a bit talky, William laughed often.

No comments: