Wednesday, April 30, 2008

304

I developed film in the darkroom today. After a period of confusion about where my colour developer was that I knew I had, Eric pointed out that it was already mixed up and labeled December 2007. As this stuff dies fairly quickly with age, I decided to use a small bottle of replenisher in it. The film we did turned out well, albeit green. Very green. Red actually, as this is a negative developer so if it were printed it would be red. Very red. See the side by side negative/positive comparisons below - the image is daytime on the farm with some trees, clouds, and horizon. I like the effect and will probably use it. I'm now suspecting that the replenisher was either unnecessary or was improperly used (there were no instructions, I just poured it in). One of the rolls I developed was a half roll of 7240 colour reversal that was still in a round metal can that they discontinued around 1989. It ended up having a magnetic sound stripe on it. Yowzers! The kinescope test we shot yesterday using the digital projector turned out very well, no roll bar at all (although it was rather green?).

No comments: